Saturday, October 26, 2013

NSEL crisis: Jignesh Shah quizzed for 6 hrs by police

In order to verify the details and accusations leveled by Anjani Sinha, former head of NSEL, the Mumbai police on Friday grilled Jignesh Shah, promoter of beleaguered NSEL and founder of Financial Technologies, for over six hours on Friday.

The police officers had confronted him with arrested accused Sinha when both blamed each other for the crisis. \"So far, four accused have been arrested in the case and they revealed many things during the interrogation,\" said Himanshu Roy, joint commissioner of police (crime).

The four accused are Anjani Sinha, who was held on October 17, Amit Mukherjee, an ex-assistant vice-president of NSEL who was nabbed on October 9 and Jay Bahukhundi, another ex-assistant vice-president and in-charge of KYC department, who was arrested on October 10. On Tuesday, Nilesh Patel, managing director of NK Proteins Ltd, one of the biggest defaulters of the NSEL, was arrested.

During questioning, Sinha blamed Shah and other board of directors, saying he carried out the exchange functioning as per Shah\'s directions. While Sinha and Patel are in police custody, the other two were remanded in judicial custody.

According to police, Shah was called by the Economic Offence Wing around 11.30 am on Friday and his questioning continued till 6 pm.

This is the second time Shah turned up before the EOW officials. \"We will call Shah again if we need to ask him further questions,\" said Roy. Sinha, Patel and Shah were confronted when Sinha and Shah blamed each other for the mess in the spot exchange, leading to verbal feud on some occasions, police sources said but did not reveal Patel\'s version.

\"In an affidavit filed before a court regarding the NSEL payment crisis, Sinha held himself guilty for the crisis, besides NSEL board. However, Sinha has filed a second affidavit before the police days before his arrest in which he put the entire blame of Shah,\" Roy added.
News From:

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker