Monday, November 19, 2012

Ponty\'s body recalled for second second post-mortem

NEW DELHI, November 19, 2012

Several persons were on Sunday questioned by the Delhi Police in connection with the murder of controversial business tycoon Gurdeep Singh aka Ponty Chadha and his younger brother Hardeep both of whom were killed on Saturday following a shootout at a farmhouse in South Delhi.

Meanwhile, the bodies of the two brothers were cremated at the Lodhi Road crematorium late in the evening as the doctors at All India Institute of Medical Science discovered a goof-up and summoned Ponty's body back for removal of some bullets which had not been removed during the first post-mortem earlier in the day.

Sources in the Delhi Police said about 15 guards and personal security officers deployed with the two brothers have been questioned regarding the bloody gunfight at the Chhatarpur farmhouse. "Different officers at various levels have interrogated several people including those present at the farmhouse to ascertain what exactly happened there," said a senior police official. He, however, could not provide the exact number of those questioned so far and said interrogations were going on and more people could be questioned in the coming days.

Apart from private security guards, the brothers also had PSOs from the Punjab Police deployed with them. While the exact sequence of events leading up to the gunbattle has not been revealed by the Delhi Police, a relative of the Chadha's in a television interview claimed that while one shot was fired by a brother at the other's leg, thereafter it were their security guards who opened fire killing them both.

The Delhi Police said Ponty Chadha's manager Narendra and another person, who were also injured in the cross-firing and had been admitted to a Gurgaon hospital, were reported to be out of danger now but their statements could not be recorded on Sunday.

The police are yet to establish the entire sequence of events but it is learnt that they carried out a reconstruction of the incident at the farmhouse where the two brothers were killed.

Following the incident, the Chadha family had put out an obituary in leading newspapers which had announced that the cremation would take place at the Lodhi Road crematorium at 4-30 this afternoon. But due to an oversight by the doctors who conducted the post-mortem on the body of Ponty, some bullets were not removed. By the time his body was summoned from the farmhouse where it had been taken by the family, the second post-mortem was conducted and the body release, it was past 8 p.m. Thus the cremations finally took place around 9 p.m.
News From:

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker